Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Christmas was yesterday, Hanukkah is ending, and what's next is New Year's, unless there are other holidays before then. I just posted to wish whoever may be reading this a very happy and safe holiday season. Try not to get too drunk.

Because I hate short posts, I'm going to go ahead and tell you *coughbragaboutcough* what I got for Christmas.

The best thing I got would have to be a new video card for my computer. I got a Nvidia eGeforce 9800 GT, and I upgraded from a Nvidia 7500. Just in case you didn't know, the 9800 is one of those fancy-schmany new video cards that handles the physics so the CPU doesn't have to, therefore freeing up the CPU. Really dramatic change from before. I can run Crysis on all the highest settings. I don't have Vista, so the Directx 10 options aren't available to me.

I also got Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2, Tom Clancy's Endwar, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I can only play two of them at the moment. My headset broke, so trying to play Endwar is masochistic. And the Far Cry 2 disk had a crack in it, but I'll be getting another disk in a few days- hopefully this year.

Consider this the last post of the year, because it is. I have some stuff planned for the future, hopefully a lot more entertaining than previous posts. Expect them to be in the vein of the Rock Band Songs That Should Never Have Been in a Music Game post- you know, like I'm pretending I'm Cracked.com.

No comments: